Monday 30 March 2009

Kids Comment

Comment responding to Josephine Daly's Kids blog http://dantesinferno64.blogspot.com/

You start off by saying the film 'Kids' is the most shocking and unpleasant film you have ever seen... But I found the film pretty boring and the 'shocking' scenes mundane, all I can think is there is definitely a generation gap. I think the generation of today have seen so much gore and horror in movies now that films with sex, drug taking and violence are not so shocking, or maybe I'm just use to films like that. I remember watching 'Clockwork Orange' a few years ago, it intrigued me because of how controversial it was and I wanted to see why it got banned, there is a few nasty scenes in that film but I don't think I'd go as far to say it should be banned because to be honest it Isn't that bad, but back when it was made there was massive up raw about the rape scene but it's just because that had never been seen before. If anything the film is quite artistic with it's pleasant music, dress sense and decor. Apparently you couldn't find any moral to the 'Kids' film, but I think there is definitely a moral through out the whole film, which is to do with sex, age, and the fact STD's are being spread without knowledge. The fact is things like that do happen and there are kids out there like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment